On Sunday, October 27, residents in Anoka and the surrounding area will walk and pray to prepare the way of the Lord to enter Anoka. The Prayer Walk will begin at seven City gateways and proceed to City Hall where a Union Meeting will be held in the lower-level Community Room including refreshments, socializing, walk reports and singing.
Starting at seven City gateways, the walks will follow sidewalks or trails along major roads leading into downtown Anoka and come together at City Hall. Routes range in length from 0.7 to 3 miles. People may walk, ride or drive each route. Some routes include a longer drive segment and a shorter walk segment. See details on maps.
- North: Anoka County Library
- Northeast: SW Corner of Bunker/Round Lake Blvds
- East: US Bank on East Main Street
- Southeast: ABC Newspapers Office on Coon Rapids Blvd
- South: Peninsula Point Park on South Ferry St.
- West: Anoka Technical College on US Hwy 10
- Northeast: SW Corner of Bunker/Hwy 47
Transportation to/from gateway locations and City Hall should be arranged by each participating group by bus, van or carpool. Individuals needing shuttle service should inform this website for assistance in finding a ride share situation. Just connect with us and we will help you participate.